Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Cheesy Idea {Recipe}

I'm taking a quick break from all things teaching because I want to share with you all the easiest Macaroni and Cheese Dish ever! It's really that fabulous, I promise. If you are still struggling with your holiday menu or you can't stand your usual Baked Mac and Cheese recipe (maybe because it never gets done in the center - grr!) then this recipe is for you!

I stumbled upon this recipe about 2 to 3 years ago and it has been such a great find! I've taken it to many potluck events and hardly ever come home with any leftovers. I always have people  compliment me on the dish and ask for the recipe, it really never disappoints! I'm by no means a Rachael Ray so for me to have a recipe that is so easy and so great, I just have to share it with others!

Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:

8oz of cooked macaroni
1 (12oz) can of evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt (If you like salt, it's safe to double this!)
1/2 tsp pepper
4oz sour cream
1 cup milk 
4 cups sharp cheddar cheese 

Mix all ingredients except for 1/2 cup of cheese. Pour mixture into a greased crock pot. Put remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serves 7-10.  (You can double the recipe to serve over 20 people, but you will have to increase the cooking time to 8-10 hours. ) 

Let me know if you try this! I promise you will not be disappointed, it is SO easy! :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE macaroni and cheese! I will have to try this over vacation.
PS Thank you AGAIN for the gift card and you truly did NOT have to do that!!!! Did you get my email???
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Delighted said...

Mac & Cheese. I'm totally going to make this for Christmas. Since I don't have to make Christmas Dinner...this looks easy...and travels well.

First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Cupcake said...

Sounds delish! Thanks for the reciple, I'm going to give it a try!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Unknown said...

I gave the Liebster BLog Award... go to my blog and check out the rules!
Congrats!!!

http://thediaryofanotsowimpyteacher.blogspot.com/