Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cut Up That Grade Book! {A Teacher Tip!}

I have a quick "teacher tip" to share with you all in bloggy world today! I have learned many teacher tips in my student teaching adventure so far. However, this one I'm about to share was one of those things that made me say, "Oh, duh!!" The "why didn't I think of that?! It's so obvious!" moment. :) It's revelations like this that make me feel like I live in such a small little box...ANYWAYS! Here it is:

Write your student's names in your grade book once on the first page and then CUT OUT THE NAME SECTION ON ALL FUTURE PAGES! Tada! It's such a wonderful thing. No more writing your children's names on every page. No more bulky fold overs. (!!!) Just cute little flaps at the top of each page that say the subject and quarter and a big window for you to see your student's names easily!


I also found out that some record book manufacturers like Creative Teaching Press make record books that make name columns that tear out so you can achieve the same effect. I'm sure that many of you already knew this fabulous trick, but for those of you that don't, can you believe that you didn't think of this?! I know, it seems so simple. I know there are some of you that do all of this on the computer too... and now you officially think i am old school. :) I love technology! I just also need hard copies because for me hard copies = security blanket. I do recycle though, I promise. :)

I hope you're having a wonderful week, this week! 









12 comments:

Jen R said...

yes! I used to do that when we had paper gradebooks..we have an online one now, though I'm not sure how much longer our district is going to pay for the program....ho hum
The Teachers’ Cauldron

Miss Kindergarten said...

Genius!!!!

Unknown said...

That's what my teachers used to do :) love it

I use an online FREE gradebook, Engrade. It's AWESOME! Check it out. Engrade.com


❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop

Stacy said...

Wow! I am totally smacking my self up side the head now! lol ...Good thinking. I hope student teaching is going great!


2nd Grade Paradise

Stacy

Malarie said...

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

www.youcanmakethesunshineanytime.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Great idea! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog! I just finished my student teaching adventure and am praying for a classroom of my own! Meanwhile, I'm subbing, blogging, and creating teaching goodies. I was a kindergarten assistant for years before taking the big leap. Stop by for a visit!
http://creativeteaching-kimberly.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

Molly!! I miss you!! You ok?? How is student teaching going??

OK....just to get a post from you.... lol well not really but...

TAG....your it!! Head over to see what I mean and join in the fun!
Stacy
2nd Grade Paradise

Kelly said...

Great idea! I am your latest follower. Click on over to my brand-new blog if you get a chance....I have a give-away going on right now:)

Kelly
"Kindergarten Kel

Deana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emmy de Greslan said...

Hi Molly!
Oh my goodness, this is BRILLIANT! I'm a student teacher too and new at blogging - loving all the inspiration and tips here. Thank you xx

Daydreams of a Student Teacher

Kelly said...

Hi! I am following your blog and nominated you for a new blogger's award. Come to my blog to see the details!

Kelly
"Kindergarten Kel

Miss DeCarbo said...

We use a computer-based grading program now but I did use a book like that my first two years. The minute I looked at your picture I said the same thing - duh! Haha thanks for sharing - what a great idea!

Second Grade Sugar and Spice